Friday, October 9, 2009

Proud to help a great cause

A good friend of mine announced recently that he is taking on an amazing challenge to raise money for Stoke Mandeville Hospital's spinal unit. It is a cause close to his heart, after they successfully treated his son's spinal injury.

Gary will be cycling around 400 miles across Vietnam next year - now that it impressive! Personally, I hate cycling. I always feel scarily exposed to traffic and loathe it. (Did you think it would be the physical exertion part that I hated? Shame on you!)

I am helping to raise money for the cause by donating a percentage of any sales made at specially organised shoe parties. It's not as challenging as the cycle ride, but hopefully we can raise a great deal for Stoke Mandeville. If you would like to donate, get in touch and I'll pass on your details.

No comments:

Post a Comment