Friday, October 30, 2009

You'll meet a...

Last night I did something that I haven't done in about 20 years - I had my Tarot cards read. I did it with an open mind, or even something bordering on scepticism.

Let me tell you, it was very very strange.

Every card turned was described to me with a level of detail that leaves me stumped as to an explanation. These weren't vague "tall dark stranger" type statements that you could interpret how you chose. These were physical and character descriptions of very real people and very real situations in my life. I would not have been surprised to have been told their shoe sizes!

The reading didn't try to tell me my future or what I should do but it did give some insight into situations that are unfolding around me. Whether you believe in the cards or not, whether you think it is magic or the power of the unconscious, it was a very interesting experience. And I know that one theory is that the reader uses "cold reading" to create the illusion - but in this particular case I am certain that it was not the case.

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment